- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 cups oil, for frying
- ORANGE SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon chili flake
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger, minced
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Cut chicken into 1×1-inch (2×2-cm) cubes and set aside.
2. Combine salt, pepper, cornstarch, & flour.
3. Add the egg, water, and oil until it has the consistency of pancake batter.
4. Add the chicken to the batter and make sure it is well coated, refrigerate at least 30 minutes(you can do this step hours in advance)
5. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan to 350˚F (180˚C).
6. Gently add the chicken and fry for 6-7 minutes until lightly golden brown. Then place on paper towel to dry off any oil.
7. Heat a pan up to medium-high heat and add oil.
8. Add the ginger, garlic, & red pepper-flakes, and cook for about 30 seconds, stir constantly.
9. Add the sugar and brown sugar, and stir to combine.
10. Add in the orange juice, and stir to combine.
11. Add in the vinegar and soy sauce, and stir to combine
12. Add the cornstarch and water together and whisk to combine. Add to the pan and stir.
13. Continue to cook the sauce until the consistency is like syrup.
14. Add in the fried chicken and coat in the sauce.
Serve with a drizzle of sesame oil.