Nutella is one of my favorite thing to eat for breakfast! Growing up it was always my go to for a “special occasion breakfast”, like a birthday or when we wore on vacations. I was one of the kids that grew up thinking it was made from chocolate and it wasn’t till later that i realized it was a hazelnut spread. And it has always bothered me that was “tricked” by Nutella! So this version i what I think Nutella should be!
Try is out and let me know what you think!
- 2¼ cups cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2¼ cups dark chocolate chips (at least 53% cacao)*
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips*
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1 cup roasted, chopped hazelnuts
1. At the cream and sugar to a pot and bring it to a boil and then immediately remove it from the heat.
2. Add the chocolate and butter and combine.
3. Add the hazelnuts and leave to cool a little and pour into jars to store. Store in the fridge.
Tips: Remove the “Nutella” from the fridge 20-30 min before use to get the right consistency.