- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 lb ripe tomatoes , or 2 x 14 oz tins of diced tomatoes
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 lb. dried spaghetti
- Loads of Parmesan cheese
1. Chop the onion, garlic, and the stalk from the basil. Save the basil leaves till later. If using fresh tomatoes chop them roughly. I recommend using half tin and half fresh.
2. Put a pan on a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the onion, for about 7 minutes, or until soft and lightly golden.
3. Stir in the garlic and basil stalks for a few minutes, then add the tomatoes and the vinegar.
4. Let the sauce simmer for around 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Meanwhile bring a pot of salted water to the boil and then add the pasta and cook until it’s al dente, about 9 min.
6. Once the pasta is done add it to the sauce along with about 1 cup of the pasta water.
7. Chop the basil leaves and stir them into the pasta and serve with grated parmesan cheese.