- 10 tbsp. whisky
- 2 tbsp. good balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. rosemary (pick the herb and keep the sprig)
- 1 tsp. thyme (pick the herb and keep the sprig)
- 1 tbsp. BBQ Sauce (I love Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1.6oz ketchup
- 1.6oz tomato purée
- 8.5oz half n’ half cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Take 5 tbsp. whiskey, 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar, (the sprigs of rosemary and thyme. Bring it to the boil in a little sauce pot and reduce till about half is left.
- While the essence is reducing heat up 5 tbsp. whiskey, 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar and light it with a match – BE VERY CAREFUL, do not do it under the hood!
- Now add the ketchup, tomato purée & BBQ sauce on the burning hot pan and let it heat through for about a minute.
- Add the essence to the pan and reduce the heat by half. Add the rosemary, thyme & sugar.
- Bring the sauce to boil again and add the cream. Let it simmer for about 15 min. till it has the right consistency. Add salt & pepper to taste.